Until July (Until Her) by Aurora Rose Reynolds Review

Series: Until Her #1
Publish: April 13th 2015 by Aurora Rose Reynolds
Format: ebook, 215 pages
Rating: 5 / 3.5
Synopsis: Wes Silver wasn’t looking for love, but when July Mayson literally knocks him on his ass during their first encounter, his world is turned upside down by the quirky blonde, and every moment with her makes him more determined to protect her.
July Mayson doesn’t understand the pull she feels toward the bad boy biker Wes Silver, but she knows being with him is like nothing she’s ever felt before. Now all she has to do is tell her overprotective father, Asher Mayson, that she’s found her boom.
Review:
  I absolutely loved Aurora Rose Reynolds's other books, and I was really happy when I found out that her Until series gets not one but two spin off serieses. Oh and after I read the expert from Until July I was sure I was going to love this book too. Unfortunatley I was a bit dissapointed. Her writing style was still the same but I was expecteng more from the story than I got.

  First there was the fact that the MC world and the way how the Maysons view the world and what's right and wahts not is not exactly goes together. Don't get me wrong there is a lot of similarities between the two 'lifestyle' for example the 'alpha maleness' or the hot temper. Still somehow it didn't feel right, how they found the same page. And usually both life styles really strong on their own I felt that either of them got developed well enough in this story. It was a bit lacking from both sides. I could get over this but honestly I was expecting a little bit more exitement and action from the story.

  July was generally a likeable character but not my favorite. She had her funny momnets and had a really soft heart but this clashed with her so called temper I couldn't find anywhere, oh and i felt she had no will power whatsoever. In the beginning of the book every time there was a conflict point Wes just went near her and she forgot why was she angry or disappointed and so and so. The end result was good but I still didn't like this trait of hers.
  Wes was the typical alpha male, even more protective and secretive than the previous generation of the Mayson boys. Sometimes his behavior simply pissed me off, but his bad boy charm and good looks made it possible to overlook his bad traits. I like the alpha males in books so for me it was a bonus point.
  We got to know a lot of new character thanks to Wes but not so deeply than I would have liked an for my greatest dissapointment the Mayson clan presens wasn't as constant either. Well, they're going get their own book but still.

  Overall, I liked the book but I think it could have been better, still congrats for the author. The next book is going to be Jax's and I can't wait. The short description of the other Mayson girls I already know the June's and April's story will be my favorite.
  Those who liked the original Until series going to live ths to, those who didn'r read it yet I recommend reiding that first, it's hard enough to follow the family tree after reading it. ;)

By Viki

No comments:

Post a Comment